Yellowish Bubble Inside Eyes – Is it pinguecula really?
Yes, it is.
Pic Source – all about vision
For the second time, I see a small bubble or boil formed inside my right eye near the pupil. The first time, I had left it knowingly for a while which had later required an Ophthalmologists intervention.
The Doctor had advised me to take a blood test to confirm that this boil is not due to the Sugar level in my blood. As it was not related to the Sugar level in blood the doctor had prescribed two kinds of eye drops which had helped me to get rid of the boil. The bump normally does not pain but sometimes will make the person uncomfortable.
Forgot to mention – the doctor also had told that it is just a boil filled with water and it would go away. So, there is nothing to worry in most of the cases.
But, we cannot take any kind of chances when it comes to an Eye. Hence, I would strongly recommend that you fix up an appointment with your Ophthalmologists to rule out any issues.
It is been a year now and pinguecula is back again.
Below, I had jotted down my findings which I myself consider as Facts. I hold an Engineering degree and not the MBBS degree 🙂 anyways to give 100 % accurate points in this context. Some of them might look like a Myth too.
What might also be the root cause for this Pinguecula or similar beside pupil + Red Eye effect (My version)?
- UV radiation from Sun.
- Dry Eyes.
- Lack of Sleep. We may think that a five to six hours sleep a night habit is nothing to worry about but do remember they also come with a bundle of other issues too.
- Gazing at your cell phone when lights are out could be the reason too. It is highly not recommended.
- Purchase your cell phone wisely. There are a lot of cell phones available in the market which falls under the Sub-Standard category. Mobile devices which fall under this category are more likely to cause radiation issues and harmful effects in our body and brain.
- Even when you hold a branded cell phone, still don’t fall for that low-cost tempered glass. They are also harmful to our eyes.
- Body Heat.
- Exposure to Dust and Poor Hygiene.
- Extensive usage of cosmetics.
- Eye Power changes.
- Improper usage of prescribed Spectacles.
- Exposure to heavily chlorinated or similar water.
- Exposure to non-branded spectacles and contact lenses.
How to prevent issues related to Eye?
- Blink – It keeps your eyes from becoming dry.
- Consult your Ophthalmologists to check your eye power once in six months without fail.
- Give your eyes rest by sleeping tight, at least for 6 – 7 hours every day.
- Take care of your health, drink plenty of fluids to keep your body heat under control.
- Always wear reliable Sunglasses with UV protection if you live in a country which is known for higher temperatures and sharper heat waves.
- Wash your eyes with fresh and cold water regularly.
- Use reliable swimming goggles when you are at the swimming pool as the unclean water could also be the reason for pinguecula.
- Use eye drops which can prevent eye dryness especially if you are working in front of a computer.
- Do not use the cell phone at least one hour before you go to bed. Though not recommended, in case if you need to use the cell phone then reduce the brightness level to zero and use it.
- Wear the contact lenses only for the recommended hours. Do not wear it for long. Use and throw contact lenses should not be used more than the stipulated number of hours in a day.
- Always wear the prescribed spectacles. If you don’t like the frame change it soon so that you can wear again. Ignoring spectacles would lead to increase in the power of your eye.
Simple but powerful home remedies:
I don’t have any scientifically proven information to back my points mentioned below. But, the home remedies mentioned are some of the things which do not harm and also does not come with Side Effects. They had been tried and being followed since ages which had also helped individuals with pinguecula.
- Take Good rest and drink plenty of fluids.
- Eating papaya and carrots helps in improving vision.
- Apply Gingelly oil over the head once in a week at least. Leave it for an hour before you head bath.
- Apply Gingelly oil beneath the left and right thumb finger of your feet for an hour.
- Applying crushed Kohl (Surma) to the waterline or the lower lid of your eyes. Surma keeps the eye cool and has got more benefits.
- Applying virgin castor oil in eyes helps in cleansing.
Disclaimer – Things worked for some people might not work for everyone always. It is wise to meet up with a medical practitioner in case of health issues.