Happy Women’s Day 2017 to All 🙂
If your question to me is What’s special for this year’s Women’s day?
Honestly, I had wished but never presented a gift to the powerhouse’s (My Mom & My Wife) of my home who makes my Home! Sweet Home! and to my Friends / Relatives before on Women’s day.
But this time, though nothing major, I thought I would share a story of an Indian Women from Chennai who had inspired me and well suits to the term “rags to riches”.
Since this is the first time I am writing an article a day prior to Women’s day (07th March 2017), I take this moment to thank and wish all Women in the world a Happy Women’s Day by dedicating this post.
One of the thread from Linkedin showed me the way to get to know about Mrs. Patricia Narayan. It was just a ten-minute glimpse but really I am not sure how long it would have taken for me to get to know about her if not that glimpse.
Women Of Action – especially for all the women who are already fighting and trying to fight against the Odds.
Irrespective of where we work and our status, a struggle is a struggle and nothing else. But, remember a struggle can be turned to a Success by changing the way how we look at it.
Who is Mrs. Patricia Narayan?
For those who are not aware yet- she is none other than the CEO of Sandheepa Group of Restaurants which may of us would have come across in Chennai.
Just like how women are being portrayed in our Indian Cinema especially when they want to display the hardships of single women (starting from a failed marriage to the loss of their beloved’s etc.) but Mrs. Patricia Narayan, had already crossed most of the life’s uncertainties and had become a real life example to us all on how to overcome the struggles we experience in our lives.
From what I know, this wonderful person’s life experiences are filled with a lot of takeaway‘s for everyone. You might have come across a lot of information about her on the web and I am not going to convey anything different or anything about her in great detail. But, in this post, I will try to place the lesson’s which I had learned based on what I read about her.
Just to Summarize:
Mrs. Patricia Narayan is…
- A dropout from one of the prestigious college “Queen Mary’s”, Chennai.
- A Great Chef & a Self-Made, multi-millionaire.
- Pursued her MBA on the shores of the world’s longest beach Marina where she had started her first snack point with the help of a mobile cart.
- Earned 50 paisa by selling a cup of Tea on the first day of her snack point business on the sea shore but now a person with assets worth several million.
- A YES Woman who grabbed the opportunity by saying YES to run a canteen at the office of the Slum Clearance Board and then moved to run the Bank of Madura canteen which is nothing but the erstwhile name of our current ICICI bank.
- A self-motivated person who kept the ball rolling by providing catering facility to the National Port Management training school in order to lift her weekly earnings to the next level.
- An Entrepreneur, who built her own restaurant brand named Sandheepa in the year 2006 against all odds.
- Received FICCI Woman Entrepreneur of the Year award in the year 2010 – a recognition for her hard work and determination.
- An Iron lady who believed in Albert Einstien’s quote “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity” and fought the battle instead of getting succumbed to the UP’S and DOWN’S of life.
The Take Away’s which I see:
1. Never Lose Hope.
Do not give up. The beginning is always the hardest.
2. Fight against the Odds & Stay Determined.
It's not about how hard you Hit. It's about how hard you can get Hit and Keep Moving Forward.
3. Do what you are good at. Never let the fire go off.
You are what you do, not what you say you'll do.
4. Always say Yes to an opportunity.
If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat. Just get on. - sheryl sandberg
5. Think Fresh, Be Innovative.
Don't be afraid to FAIL. Be afraid not to TRY.
6. Just be honest and work hard. Everything else will follow.
People who shine from within don't need a spotlight.
7. Be Considerate.
Who are we as human beings if we ignore the sufferring of others?
8. Always stay focused and never get disappointed.
If you expect nothing, you can never be disappointed. - Tonya Hurley
9. Stay Humble, never forget the spot from where you started.
Have more than you show, and speak less than you know.
10. Always remember, “No one ever got Rich by Working from 9 AM to 5 PM”.
Here is one interview of Mrs. Patricia Narayan for you all.
Below is the link from where I got to know more about Mrs. Patricia Narayan. Do go through the link below in case if you would like to know more.